Internationally acclaimed storyteller, Michael D. McCarty, presents African-American and International folktales, historical tales, stories of science, spiritual stories as well as stories of the brilliant and absolutely absurd things he has done in his life. His stories inform, educate, inspire, and amuse. Michael has programs available for:
- 2017 Library Summer Reading Programs: Create Your Own Story: Using folktales, historical stories and personal accounts, Michael shares anecdotes that will inspire and encourage to reach for the stars and persevere to achieve their dreams.
- Library shows
- Elementary School Assemblies
- City and Community Events
Michael D. McCarty is a multicultural storyteller of African, African-American and International folktales, historical tales, stories of science, spiritual stories as well as stories of the brilliant and absolutely absurd things he has done in his life. His stories inform, educate, inspire, and amuse. His storytelling style is energetic and enthusiastic.
Michael has traveled to many countries as a storyteller including: South Africa, Zimbabwe, India, China, Jamaica, Russia, Egypt, England, Malaysia, Korea…and his travels have reaped a harvest of tales that testify to the unity within the diversity of the human spirit…He LOVES his job!
Some of the themes of his storytelling programs include:
- International Folktales – Depending on the age of the audience, Michael will also teach storytelling skills and techniques to get everyone sharing and telling stories just like a professional!
- Black History Month/Kwanzaa – Michael’s tales from Africa and of African-Americans depicts the challenges and triumphs of black people throughout the history of the Americas will entertain and educate his audiences.
- Scary Stories with Michael – Michael’s bigger than life personality, booming voice, and enthusiasm captivates the audience’s attention and draws them in.
- Drug Awareness – This storytelling program consists of a variety of anecdotes interspersed with questions to highlight the dangers of drug use.